Ms. Lin graduated from Department of Music at National Taiwan College of Arts (Now National Taiwan University of Arts) in 1999 under the guidance of professors Chen Rong-guang and Li Shi-min.
In 2000, Lin was admitted to Conservatorio Nazionale di Brescia in Italy and majored in vocal music. She began to learn from Professor Chu Tai-Li, who was also from Taiwan. She graduated in 2004 summa cum laude. She continued for Biennio di Secondo Livello in vocal music and chamber music. She got her doctoral degrees in 2007 and 2011 summa cum laude.
She has been in Verona Eximia Forma opera workshop for years and has worked with famed opera director Enrico Conforti to learn operatic interpretation. After graduating from the Ph. D. program, she worked as Chu’s teaching assistant, Conservatorio Nazionale di Brescia’s school chorus vocal instructor, and vocal instructor in many other music schools in Brescia.
She was active when in Italy and collaborated with a number of music groups, often winning media acclaim. She has been the first soprano choice by modern Italian composers like G. Facchinetti, P.Ugoletti, and D. Clapasson. She has performed in their premiers and made recordings with them.
- Ph. D. in both vocal and chamber music, Conservatorio Nazionale di Brescia (equal to assistant professor)
- Vocal music
- Opera music study
- Italian language phonology
- Breathing in vocal music: theories and application
- Vocal music instructor and chorus conductor in various music schools in Brescia, Italy
- Conductor and vocal music instructor of Brescia Church’s adult and children choruses
- Vocal instructor of Conservatorio Nazionale di Brescia Chorus
- Teaching assistant of Professor Chu on vocal music at Conservatorio Nazionale di Brescia, coaching undergraduate students
- NSO 2011-12 season soprano
- July 25-30, 2012: NSO international opera festival, performed “Butterfly” in Puccini’s “Madame Butterfly”
- March 29, 31, 2012: NSO Puccini Festival, performed “Suor Angelica” in National Concert Hall
- March 4, 2012: NSO “Color, Land and Sky: the Music World of Olivier Messiean”
- Oct. 10-11, 2011: NSO “Symphony of a Thousand – Mahler Symphony No. 8,” performed second soprano
- June 4, 2011: NSO Focus
- 2008: performed as conductor of Brescia Julia Church choir in Calvisano and was invited to perform opera song selections in various venues
- Performed “Cantata della Natura” by P. Ugoletti and D. Clapasson in Italy’s Aosta city music hall
- Performed opera song selections in Aosta city music hall
- Conducted in “Night at Brescia Julia Church Choir”
- Performed solo soprano in D. Clapasson’s “Cantico Espirituale” in Chiari city music hall.
- Performed solo soprano in P. Ugoletti’s “Carmina Gadelica” in Brescia city music hall.
- Performed lead soprano in G. Facchinetti’s “La moglie con le ali” in Brescia’s Julia Museum
- Performed selected opera music by Mozart with Brescia school symphony orchestra in Brescia city music hall
- Performed soprano in P. Ugoletti’s “An Irish Heart” with Brescia school symphony orchestra and male chorus in Brescia’s Teatro Sociale
- Performed soprano solo in Rossini’s “Petite Messe Solennelle” at Brescia’s private Seminario
- Performed soprano solo in Pergolesi’s “Salve Regina” at Brescia’s St. Maria Church
- Performed soprano solo in Vivaldi’s “Gloria” with Brescia school symphony orchestra and chorus at Brescia’s Teatro Sociale
- NSO New Year Dance Celebration at National Concert Hall
- Performed at “Chamber Vocal Concert” held by Vocalist Association at Soochow University
- NSO “Symphony of a Thousand – Mahler Symphony No. 8,” performed second soprano
- Recital at National Recital Hall
- Top four among 3,211 contestants in Torneo Internazionale di Musica-TIM international vocal competition